Saturday, April 22, 2006

PROD

So...Music...depends on my mood,as it does everyone I am sure. Right now it has been some Waterdeep and Jars of Clay.I have needed the spiritual lift. The only "new" thing I have listened to that I like has been Sufjan. Tried the "jacket" thing Josh, but couldn't get into it yet...need to download the album from you and give it some time to sink in. Books....are always in abundance!! Just finished a Henri Nouwen book called THE SACRED JOURNEY. He was a renowned priest and author, respected professor and beloved pastor who wrote over 40 books on the spiritual life. He is one of my 5 favorite authors! You will see him quoted in the journals that I keep that you will be BOUND to read when I am gone! The other one I am reading right now, is one called HEARTS CRY by my beloved therapist, Dr. Armentrout! It is a book on depression, which, as you know, I struggle with. This is the 2nd time I have read this one. I go back to see him occasionally, just for a "tune up"! It is a struggle I will probably have all my life, but it gets better the more I learn about it and the more help I get, and the more of my own head work that I do. I figure I go to the doctor every year to get a check up, mamorgram,blood work...I go to the dentist every 6 months, I get my eyes checked at least every 2 years, so why would I want my BODY sound and not my mind?!! So...it just makes sense to keep my mind and emotions checked on a regular basis too. Anyway...we are going on a bike ride today,(which is a therapy in itself)...don't know where yet, but it is suppose to be only in the upper 80's today and then get scorching HOT tommorow in the 90's!! We went from spring to summer in about a week I think. There you have it for now Josh! Now...you work on yours too!! It is always fun to read others blogs, and a pain to do your own it seems..I guess I am too worried about what others will think...HOW OLD AM I?!! Oh YEAH..old enough to know that THAT has NEVER worked out for me...thanks for the prod eldest...

3 comments:

jenica said...

thanks for the note on our blog...I've been thinking about you guys since checking your blog now and again - what a great time it was when you guys were family #2! but of course you still are...let us know sometime if you are in Des Moines.
Andy

Micah said...

Yes. Thanks for this posty, mum. I enjoy knowing who you are reading and what kind of person they are.

Anonymous said...

Yes. Nice job mom. Now keep it up. Speaking of it, I need to get to the dentist!!