Tuesday, January 16, 2007

THE ICE MAN COMETH..

Yes...we have had 3 days of ice and 2 inches left on the ground. Rick had a unforgettable experience yesterday upon his return from 4 days in Denver, when he had to get a cab to bring him home from the airport because I wouldn't get out to get him because of the ice and the fact that our driveway is at a 90 degree angle and that a pond is located in the perfect place for our car to slide backwards down the driveway INTO it!! Anyway, he phoned to say he was coming and so I waited...and waited....it took him 30 minutes to take a 10 minute ride!! As I was passing by the front window I saw him walking past our mailbox pulling his suitcase behind him!!! His cab driver would not go down our street because of the ice and the angle and so dumped him off at the edge of our edition!! He walked down hill for 2 blocks on 2 inches of ice!!! Quite a sight to see....he said "the f@*&##*!ing towel head was a moron" or something to that effect. He made it and I was glad to see another human for the first time in 4 days!!! It is beautiful though...and reminds me of this...."by the breath of God ice is given and the breadth of the waters is frozen." "He gives to the earth snow like a blanket of wool; He scatters the hoarfrost like ashes. He casts forth His ice like crumbs; who can stand before His cold?" Again, I am shone what a small "breath" from God can do to our "advanced" society.
I spent most of those days packing up the unnecessary items in our house, so that we can put it on the market and prepare to move to Stillwater. Yes, according to Ricky, we are moving there to give it a go. I would believe it, but for the fact that I don't. I have dreamed of living there for so long that to finally begin to head that direction is surreal to say the least. I am doing the things necessary to accomplish this goal in a rather mechanical way. Maybe my dream will come true and maybe it won't, but either way, I will be prepared. Wish us luck in selling our house. If we actually SELL it, it will only further my strong belief in miracles in the 21st century, given the market today.... Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God speed to Stillwater.

mchumps said...

I have a big smile on my face. You're moving to Stillwater, and you will be so happy there. I miss you, Auntie D.