Friday, September 15, 2006

Oh death,where is thy sting?

Wow...what a week...full of death and life! Stan passed away on Sunday the 10th in his own home surrounded by the ones he loved and who loved him. Isn't that how both death AND life SHOULD be? I believe that one thing that takes the sting out of death is knowing you have a family that you loved and who loved you in return AND the hope that you will be with them again in heaven. It is that belief in the "hereafter" that enables me to live this life in the "here and now". It was an emotional time, but one full of memories that will never fade for Micah,Emily and Anabelle. I experienced "southern hospitality" at a new level, there is no other like it! I kept Anabelle while they were at the house with Stan and after the funeral, so we had a great time of making memories of our own also that I hope will never fade for her. She is a DELIGHT to my soul as are ALL my children and grands. If I, (started to say "we"), could just keep focused on all that life is truly about...but is it about different things to different people? Is it like the "one mans junk is another mans treasure" thing? Or SHOULD there be universal standards here? Anyway,with each day we grow to experience more of life and more of death,in our bodies,our souls,ours spirits and our minds.
Well amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hate death