Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Fine!

Okay...new poll. What's up out there in blogger land!!?? No one is blogging....busy? Hmmmm....I know the feeling, but I am a free spirit now. A lonely free spirit, but free and spirit none the less. (is that all suppose to be one word?) Anyway, speaking of SPIRIT, what exactly IS the difference between the "soul" and the "spirit"? I am counting on you Matt, for a great answer. I am trying to find out just exactly what we are made of...body, soul, spirit, mind, emotions, thoughts, conscience, WHAT?!!! And what are the differences? Lets go kids...moms a waitin.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, since you called me out by name I guess I gotta reply to this post. First, all of the following statements are simply my own beliefs and I make no claim that they are correct or valid or anything other than my own opinion. I believe that "spirit" in the sense you used it is the invisible divine essence that permeates everything/everybody in the universe.

Bible - "For in him we live and move and have our being."

Bhagavad Gita - "I permeate all the universe in my unmanifest form. All beings exist within me, yet I am so inconceivably vast, so beyond existence, that though they are brought forth and sustained by my limitless power, I am not confined with them."

The "soul"...well...that's a different matter. I really don't have a firm opinion on whether or not such a "thing" even exists. If it does, than I believe it is that part of us that survives death and moves on to the next phase of existence...whatever that might be. If it doesn not exist, than I would like my 2,756 hours of Baptist church experience returned to me immediately!

Matt S.

LORD I MUST HAVE BEEN BLIND said...

Thanks man. I am still studying! BUT...you only have 2,756 hours!! Bummer. I have about 5 times that PLUS my 25 year pin.dude.return.yeah.

Anonymous said...

What happens when the soul meets the body?

LORD I MUST HAVE BEEN BLIND said...

You are born.

Anonymous said...

Hey is it ok If I subsribe to your blog?