Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I.Aing

INTERACTING - "to ACT in unison or agreement with others", "transmit thoughts or feelings", take part in social activities with others", "display excessive love or show excessive gratitude towards others", get involved so as to alter or hinder an action", keep company with or hang out with". These things do require, for the most part, our "being with " the other person. I guess you COULD interact without the human touch, but how much more fulfilling and expressive is a touch from a human hand, or a look from the human soul? Those you don't get with the I.Ming we do these days. Although I will readily admit that at times we have communicated more "freely" using the I.M. method than the "in-your-face" method! I HAVE learned a LOT about my children since these blogs started that I would NEVER have known otherwise. And for THAT, I am truly grateful for the internet access we all have today. However, the closness we had in the "old days" was based on a physical closeness that came from going to grandmas house or over to the neighbors house and playing cards or wahoo! By spending time fishing together or cooking together in the kitchen. And yet, I think that no matter what age, it truly depends on the person as to whether or not there will be a closeness.....because, as I have said, I have gotten to know my children in a new way and that is a true treasure for a mom of boys! So, all this to say that I LOVE getting to know my family in this way, but always prefer it when I can give them a hug, not a yellow smiley face on a flat screen!!! Keep up the good interaction boys and I will see you soon to catch up on hugs!! P.s. Luke, I didn't get to give you one last time, so there will be several waiting for you next time!!
= - )
For the SPELL CHECK NAZIS, my apple is not responding to it, so there IS NONE!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very true, very true. This is, in many ways, a different closeness. As a kid, most days it was much more fun to ride the go cart in the backyard together, shoot the soccer ball against the shed together, play in the ditch together, throw the football with grpa hump together, just be together. I say that today as I'm in one of those moods where all I want to do is be with my family. Looking very much forward to seeing some of them in a couple of weeks. Micah, come to the mountains. Love you all.

LORD I MUST HAVE BEEN BLIND said...

That is part of your melancoly mother coming out in you ....i love it!

Anonymous said...

Melancoly and the Infinite Sadness is a decent album by The Smashing Pumpkins who are reuniting for a tour this summer which is when Pearl Jam will hopefully be touring again.