Monday, June 25, 2007

l'chayim (here's to life!),


This morning I got up to my 54th birthday....Not much on birthdays, for myself, or any other day, for myself, for that matter, but a strange thing happened as I awoke.....I remembered immediatley that my friend Barbara Miller woke up on her 54th birthday and called me to take her to the doctor...she had known for several months that she had breast cancer, but was not willing to face the fact untill she saw blood....I came to get her, we had some breakfast and I took her to the doctor for them to tell her what she already knew....she fought a hard fight for the next 6 months and then died on July 4th, 1998....I can't even see fireworks now without missing her ......she was born on December 18th and shares a birthday with my very first grandaughter, Isabella....She also share the same death year with the same grandaughter.....my 5th grandchild was born 2 days ago, and my 2nd grandchilds birthday will be in 5 days....Its kinda weird how life seems so connected at times.....I really have nothing different to say today than I always say.....life is short....what really matters IS life and that lived with people you love....and those are few and far bettween.....so go today and every day.....and love those who are yours to love....I miss Barb...I miss Bella....I didn't have enough time with either one of them....and I want to say I love you guys and gals in my life....you all know who you are hopefully, or else I need to take more of my own advice!! So heres lookin at you Barbie...L'CHAYIM...TO LIFE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last time I saw that tie I was getting chewed out by by older brother for getting it out of his room. 3 cheers to Barb! I think about her as well when I play pool on her pool table. All I remember is getting to mow her lawn and listening to some sweet rap music on my head phones because I coudlnt listen to it at home.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder. Barb was a great woman who cared about me like I was her own. I miss her.